TUMI Network kick-off workshop
Session 1: Welcome and Introductions
Representatives of the host city, ICLEI and GIZ welcome participants to the event.
Session 2: Mobility in African Cities
Short introductory presentations from participating cities.
- Mayor De Araujo, Quelimane
- Deputy Mayor Asiimwe, Jinja
- Clarence Rupingena, Windhoek
- Judith Mujegu, Harare
- Mihlali Sontundu & Ntobeko Hlatshwayo, uMhlathuze
- Joao Matlombe, Maputo
- Alassane Adama Sy, Daka
- Mbali Mpanza, KwaDukuza
- Akua Vander-Pallen, Accra
- Cliff Carelse, Saldanha Bay
- Eric Ratshibvumo & Freddy Mahandana, Steve Tshwete
- Richard Male Mukasa, Entebbe- Karanvir Singh, Kigali
Session 3: African TUMI Winners
Pechakucha presentations from representatives of TUMI Challenge 2018 winning cities.
- Birhanu Seyoum, Addis Ababa
- Emmanuel John, Lagos
- Rebecca Campbell, Cape Town
- Ng’wanashigi Gagaga & Faustine Luhemeja, Dar Es Salaam
- Nickson Nyakambi, Nairobi
Session 4: African EcoMobility Innovations
Innovators from around the African continent present their products and services, and explain how they can help to improve the public transport experience for commuters.
- Karanvir Singh, YegoMoto
- Nickson Nyakambi, Mobiticket
- Johan Muller, GoMetro
- Sebastian Dyantyi, Whereismytransport (Skype)
- Velani Mboweni, Lüla (Skype)
Session 5: Building an African TUMI Network
Group exercise to discuss what would be required from an African TUMI network, and how best to communicate as a group.
- Facilitated by ICLEI
Session 6: Lessons from South Africa
Presentations on elements of the transport system in Tshwane, with a focus on what has been learned in recent years.
- Siyabonga Mabaso, Gautrain
- Ruth Mutasa, A Re Yeng
- Thabang Moraka, Minibus Taxis
- Christo Venter, Non-motorised Transport
- Pieter Swanepoel, Integrated Spatial Planning
Session 7: EcoMobility and Tshwane’s Sustainability Plans
Presentation on the City of Tshwane’s approach to sustainability and EcoMobility, and its goals for the future.
Session 8: Lessons from Johannesburg’s EcoMobility World Festival
Presentation by City of Johannesburg on their experience of the EcoMobility World Festival in 2015, and what was learned.
- Sipho Nhlapho, City of Johannesburg
Session 9: Excursion
Cycling trip to the recently pedestrianised Church Square area.
- Tshwane Metro Police Department
Session 10: Closing Session
Group exercise to identify workshop outcomes and next steps.
- Facilitated by ICLEI