During the EcoMobility World Festival, the fourth EcoMobility World Congress 2017 will be held from 2 to 4 October 2017 in Kaohsiung. The EcoMobility Congress series enables international actors, united by a shared interest in sustainable transportation, to come together to share good practices and spark synergies in a setting that promotes creative collaboration, local initiatives and the EcoMobility agenda. Our Congress theme for this year is: Livable, Shared, and Intelligent.
This year, at the Congress, we expect approximately 700 local and international participants, including:
- city mayors;
- high-level government representatives and policy makers in the field of urban transportation and climate change;
- city leaders;
- transportation experts;
- representatives from development banks;
- representatives from international and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- researchers from research institutes; and
- businesses involved in the field of sustainable urban mobility.
The Congress aims to bring the sustainable urban mobility debate to the global level, coupled with local context of implementation. A series of sessions in the form of plenary discussions, presentations, debates, workshops, and even KED-Talks (Kaohsiung EcoMobility Dialogues) are planned to address our Congress themes: livable, shared, and intelligent. Solutions will be sought to reduce the dominance of private automobiles in cities and advance sustainable and low carbon urban mobility. Together with the Festival, the Congress aims to build and showcase a narrative that livable cities are not car-centric, but rather through an integrated mode of mobilit