EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK runs from 16–22 September each year, providing towns and cities with an opportunity to test out sustainable transport alternatives. By encouraging individuals to choose sustainable transport modes such as
EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK runs from 16–22 September each year, providing towns and cities with an opportunity to test out sustainable transport alternatives. By encouraging individuals to choose sustainable transport modes such as walking and cycling, we can lower our carbon emissions, improve the quality of our air, and make our urban areas more pleasant places to live and work. In recent years, EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK has taken on a more international character, with many towns and cities from outside of Europe joining the campaign. 2,500+ cities and towns, both European as well as global, took part in the initiative in 2017.
EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK 2018 is focusing on ‘multimodality’ – the mixing of transport modes within the same journey or for different trips. Many of us instinctively opt for the same method of transport when moving around without necessarily examining the needs of the specific journey. The car may be the best way to take your family to the seaside, for example, but is it the best way to get them to the city centre where space and access is often limited?
As a partner of the TUMI (Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative), the EcoMobility Alliance invites cities to join this international movement.
How to participate in the EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK?
1. Organize activities around at least one of the following criteria in the week from 16 to 22 September 2018 to celebrate under the theme “Multimodality”,
using the call-to-action “Mix and Move!”
- Promote “the use of various modes of transport in the same journey” for both persons and goods. AND/OR
- Celebrate car-free day on 22 September for a whole day in an area of your city AND/OR
- Celebrate one permanent measure implemented in the previous 12 months, which contributed to the shift to sustainable means of transport.
2. Register your city to the EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK and your city will be featured as a participant of this global movement, if validated.
Reasons to celebrate the EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK exclusive for TUMI Cities:
- Preferential access to the TUMI Network, as part of this growing Network, you will have priority access to capacity development activities and future activities of TUMI and its partners
- Visibility space on the TUMI website and Twitter account.
Do not miss out
Register your city or action at www.mobilityweek.eu and share your initiative within the TUMI network by emailing our TUMI partner ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability at email@example.com.
september 16 (Sunday) - 22 (Saturday)
European Mobility Week EUROCITIES Square de Meeûs 1 B-1000 Brussels – BELGIUM