Session 1: Welcome and Introductions
Representatives of the host city, ICLEI and GIZ welcome participants to the event.
Session 2: Mobility in African Cities
Short introductory presentations from participating cities.
- Mayor De Araujo, Quelimane
- Deputy Mayor Asiimwe, Jinja
- Clarence Rupingena, Windhoek
- Judith Mujegu, Harare
- Mihlali Sontundu & Ntobeko Hlatshwayo, uMhlathuze
- Joao Matlombe, Maputo
- Alassane Adama Sy, Daka
- Mbali Mpanza, KwaDukuza
- Akua Vander-Pallen, Accra
- Cliff Carelse, Saldanha Bay
- Eric Ratshibvumo & Freddy Mahandana, Steve Tshwete
- Richard Male Mukasa, Entebbe- Karanvir Singh, Kigali
Session 3: African TUMI Winners
Pechakucha presentations from representatives of TUMI Challenge 2018 winning cities.
- Birhanu Seyoum, Addis Ababa
- Emmanuel John, Lagos
- Rebecca Campbell, Cape Town
- Ng’wanashigi Gagaga & Faustine Luhemeja, Dar Es Salaam
- Nickson Nyakambi, Nairobi
Session 4: African EcoMobility Innovations
Innovators from around the African continent present their products and services, and explain how they can help to improve the public transport experience for commuters.
- Karanvir Singh, YegoMoto
- Nickson Nyakambi, Mobiticket
- Johan Muller, GoMetro
- Sebastian Dyantyi, Whereismytransport (Skype)
- Velani Mboweni, Lüla (Skype)
Session 5: Building an African TUMI Network
Group exercise to discuss what would be required from an African TUMI network, and how best to communicate as a group.
- Facilitated by ICLEI